|Category : Animals & Wildlife : The Animal Medical Center||Previous Next|
Organization Number: 135505367
Organization Name: The Animal Medical Center
Address: 510 East 62nd Street
City: New York
State / Province: NY
Zip / Post Code: 10021
Country: United States
Phone: 1-212-838-8100 Ext:
Organization Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website Address: http://www.amcny.org
Detailed Description: About The Animal Medical Center
The Animal Medical Center is a non-profit veterinary hospital that has provided the highest-quality medical care for animals since 1910. In conjunction with our full-service facility, The AMC pursues important clinical investigations, maintains a flagship postgraduate training program, and makes available essential outreach services that benefit our clients and the community.
At the Bobst Hospital, companion animals receive outstanding inpatient and outpatient veterinary services, 24 hours-a-day, 365 days-a-year. The Hospital treats more than 30,000 animals each year and offers routine care, emergency services, and treatment for pets suffering from unusual or complex diseases. The AMC’s veterinary staff uses innovative technologies and techniques in medicine and surgery to assure the best health care for all of its patients. Our multi-faceted organization provides services such as internal medicine, surgery, diagnostic ultrasound, brain and spinal surgery, and radiation therapy.
The Caspary Research Institute conducts clinical investigations of naturally occurring diseases in companion animals to enable more effective diagnosis, advanced medical and surgical treatment, and prevention of disease in all pets. Joint efforts are made with those studying the same illnesses in humans. Our collaborators include such notable institutions as the New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, and Rockefeller University.
At the heart of The AMC is our longstanding mission to foster the next generation of leaders in veterinary medicine. Graduate veterinarians come to The AMC for year-long internships to acquire advanced training. For those seeking to specialize or pursue clinical research, The AMC offers residencies of one to four years. Moreover, The AMC conducts or sponsors more than 300 hours of continuing education lectures each year. Because of the sheer volume and variety of cases treated here, The AMC offers an unrivaled learning environment.
The AMC has continued to enhance its community service offerings by creating and implementing beneficial programs that recognize the value of the human-animal bond. Specific programs include:
- Guide Dog Program: The Guide Dog Program supports The AMC’s visually-impaired clients by providing free or discounted veterinary care for their service dogs.
- Patient Assistance Fund: The Patient Assistance Fund supports care for the pets of people who cannot afford the full cost of treatment by providing free or subsidized general healthcare as well as emergency veterinary services.
- Seniors’Animal Veterinary Effort: The Seniors' Animal Veterinary Effort provides free or subsidized healthcare and emergency veterinary services for the pets of the indigent elderly.
- Counseling Program: The Counseling Program offers complimentary one-on-one counseling services or group counseling for owners of ill pets as well as bereavement counseling for families who have lost their beloved companions.
- Pet Outreach Program: The Pet Outreach Program improves quality of life by having volunteers escort animals on visits to nursing homes, institutions for the blind and autistic, and hospitals for emotionally and physically impaired adults.