|Category : Environmental Protection : Surfrider Foundation USA|
Organization Number: 95-3941826|
Organization Name: Surfrider Foundation USA
Address: PO Box 6010
City: San Clemente
State / Province: CA
Zip / Post Code: 92674-6010
Country: United States
Phone: 1-949-492-8170 Ext:
Organization Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website Address: http://www.surfrider.org
Detailed Description: The Surfrider Foundation is a grassroots based, non-profit environmental organization that works to protect the coast.
Founded in 1984, Surfrider now has 60 Surfrider chapters located along the East, West, Gulf, Puerto Rican, and Hawaiian coasts. The Surfrider National USA headquarters are in San Clemente, California. Surfrider has over 40,000 members in the U.S.; in addition, International Surfrider chapters and affiliates have been established in 4 foreign countries, Japan, Brazil, France and Australia.
Represented by 40,000 members and 60 local chapters in the U.S., the Surfrider Foundation also has affiliations in Australia, Japan, France, and Brazil. The Surfrider Foundation has adopted the following principles to guide and govern the activities of the organization.
1. SURFRIDER recognizes the biodiversity and ecological integrity of the planet's coasts are necessary and irreplaceable. SUFRIDER is committed to preserving natural living and non-living diversity and ecological integrity of the coastal environment.
2. SURFRIDER promotes the right of to free and open low-impact access to the world's coastlines, waves and beaches. SURFRIDER acts to preserve this right of access.
3. SURFRIDER is dedicated to the protection, rehabilitation and restoration of native coastal ecosystems.
4. SURFRIDER believes environmental education is essential to the future health and well-being of the planet. SURFRIDER seeks to develop and utilize educational materials that are
informative, factual, proactive, synergistic and fun.
5. SURFRIDER strives to be accurate and nonpartisan in its communications with its members and the general public. In-addition, SURFRIDER expresses the unique values inherent in wave-riding; individualism, camaraderie, non-materialism, and an appreciation for man's historic relations with the Ocean.
6. SURFRIDER is a grassroots organization effective through the participation of its members. SURFRIDER activities emphasize the value of an involved membership.
7. SURFRIDER encourages all commercial enterprises to adopt the CERES Principles. SURFRIDER will not permit sponsors to divert the Foundation from its mission or projects undertaken.
8. SURFRIDER does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, or national origin for any reason. SURFRIDER promotes the healthy enjoyment of the coastal environment for all people.
9. SURFRIDER and its representatives, affiliations and chapters agree to abide by these principles and all rules and regulations governing nonprofit 501(c)3 organizations.