|Category : Community & Social Services : Shelter Against Violent Environments (SAVE)||Previous Next|
Organization Number: 94-2520559|
Organization Name: Shelter Against Violent Environments (SAVE)
Address: 39155 Liberty Street
Address: Suite C310
State / Province: CA
Zip / Post Code: 94538
Country: United States
Phone: 1-510-574-2250 Ext:
Organization Email: email@example.com
Website Address: http://www.save-dv.org
SAVE’s mission is to provide alternatives to domestic violence through support services, advocacy and education while assisting victims and their families end the cycle of violence.
* Each year SAVE provides crisis counseling and referrals to close to 3,700 hotline callers.
* SAVE is located in Southern Alameda County and serves the cities of Fremont, Union City, Newark, Hayward, and San Leandro, California.
* The city of Hayward, one of our geographic service areas, has the third highest number of domestic violence calls in Alameda County behind only Oakland and all unincorporated parts of the county combined.
* Since 1976, SAVE has addressed the needs of people experiencing family violence. We offer complete services from crisis to the establishment of a violence-free life. Specifically these programs include:
• 24-Hour crisis Hotline with trained family violence counselors, available any time of the day or night to offer emotional support, referrals, and crisis intervention;
• A 30 bed emergency shelter for families fleeing abuse at a confidential location (60 day maximum stay);
• The WINGS 15 apartment transitional housing program focused on transitioning families into independent living;
• Counseling Services for individuals and groups offered on a sliding fee scale basis;
• Children’s Program which works in conjunction with Shelter and WINGS where professionals work closely with children to heal the traumatic results of abuse through domestic violence education and counseling;
• Community Services that offer prevention, intervention, and education alternatives through medical outreach, legal assistance, outreach, outreach and advocacy;
• The Community Oriented Prevention Service Program (COPS) is a partnership of SAVE and police departments of Fremont, Hayward, Newark, San Leandro and Union City. The COPS Program works to prevent and reduce domestic violence, and provides services to victims and their children.
• The Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) Clinic provides legal assistance and court accompaniment in the Fremont and Hayward Superior Courts as well as in the Hayward and San Leandro Police Departments and the SAVE Community Office..
SAVE is funded by federal, state and local jurisdictions, private foundations and corporations, the United Way and concerned individuals.
SAVE was recognized in 1988 through the Chevron/Management Center’s Award for Excellence. In 1990, WINGS was featured in U.S. News and World Report and recognized as an innovative program by the Nation Alliance to End Homelessness. In 1995 SAVE received the 1995 Community Service Award from the Alameda County Association of Women Lawyers.